Sunday, May 13, 2007

Karma Chameleon

Some of my poems are up in Softblow Online Poetry Magazine.

Huge thanks to editors Cyril Wong and Jason Wee for inviting me to submit and for accommodating my stuff.

also fresh in the website are the poems of Corey Mesler. I'm re-posting the wasak one below.


It's Tristan Tzara's Birthday

   "The universe is like a safe to which there is a combination.
    But the combination is locked up in the safe." - Peter DeVries

It's Tristan Tzara's birthday
and I've placed a candle on the head
of the dog. The light coming
in the window is bent like mythology,
I say to the typewriter as he
eats his breakfast of Kurds and Wave.
The party starts when the clock
winds up. His pitch is far from the plate,
the plate the typewriter is eating
from. Suddenly, a neighbor bursts in.
He's carrying the new bazooka.
"It's Tristan Tzara's birthday," he shouts.
We gathered there spook him with a
well-placed suicide note. Still the
candle burns down to its earthy stub.
Still the typewriter goes on eating.
And the dog picks up the tab, the
one sitting uneasily above the Caps Lock.
Before sleeping we whisper, it was
Tristan Tzara's birthday and we sleep
to wake. Far away the ocean begins to sink.

***

btw, i just realized that the thief who had broken into my apartment had also taken my one and only watch.








makakarma ka rin, animal!!!